NetDecision SNMP Agent Simulator
Developers can simulate QA test cases
or recreate exact customer environment. NetDecision SNMP Agent Simulator enhances product reliability by simulating
large, complex, multi-vendor network environments, thus ensuring greater product quality and more responsive customer service.
Simulation of device prototypes during the development phase facilitates parallel development and quicker time-to-market.
Moreover, a significant portion of customer support efforts are spent in recreating the customerís problem at the vendor lab.
NetDecision SNMP Agent Simulator easily captures the exact customer configuration for duplication at the vendorís
facility, resulting in speedier problem isolation and diagnosis.
NetDecision SNMP Agent Simulator enables more realistic and
compelling network management product demos, at far lower effort and cost compared to hardware purchase and administration.
NetDecision SNMP Agent Simulator enables simulation of standalone SNMP agents to test and demonstrate SNMP-based management applications. Its unique ability to create default values from any SMIv1 or SMIv2 compliant MIB or record variables from an existing agent and create variations on this basic simulation enables rapid simulation of SNMP devices. All SNMPv1, SNMPv2, and SNMPv3 operations (Get / Get-Next / Get-Bulk / Set / Traps / Notifications) are supported.
The advanced modeling of SNMP agent behavior and trap generation can be done with ease using Script-based mechanism. The SNMP agent simulator combined with the SNMP Trap Simulator and SNMP Trap Vision provides a complete suite for testing SNMP manager applications.
The NetDecision SNMP Agent Simulator can act as SNMP proxy agent allowing you to monitor and manage any non-SNMP/non-networked equipment. This function is useful when you want to monitor a serially connected devices with a Network Management System (NMS) or any other device that does not support SNMP protocol.
- Acts as SNMP proxy agent
- Complete MIB files support (SMIv1/SMIv2)
- Real-time customizable SNMP Simulation
- Click and Go customization, tuning and deployment
- Complete SNMPv1, SNMPv2, SNMPv3 (full USM and VACM) support
- RDBMS storage for MIB values
- External ODBC database support
- Configurable Trap Generation
- Recording (Real SNMP Agent capturing)
- User-friendly graphical interface
- Modern MS Office Look and Feel
- Customizable GUI
- Can be started as Windows Service using NetDecision Service Manager
- Script-based customization
- Script-based value generation
- SNMP PDU tracing
- SNMP SET custom handling
- Dynamic SNMP table rows creation/deletion with custom handling