NetDecision Smart Agent
NetMechanica offers comprehensive solutions for remote monitoring, accessing, and controlling of equipment and systems in remote locations. The NetDecision Smart Agent enables customers to monitor equipment and systems located at remote customer offices. We deliver a single point of management through which remote administrators can monitor, access, and control non-SNMP/non-networked equipment/systems.
The NetDecision Smart Agent is scalable and affordable, easy to setup and use.
The NetDecision Smart Agents help you detect and control remote site factors such as non-networked, non-SNMP devices/systems status which otherwise remain dangerously outside the scope of your network management system (NMS). The NetDecision Smart Agent enables you to easily integrate these elements into your NMS/OSS for a complete alarm management system solution. The Smart Agent supports an on-board scripting language for use in customized applications.
The NetDecision Smart Agent enables monitoring of any non-SNMP/non-networked equipment or system and provides remote access to such devices/systems via SNMP. The Smart Agent supports any SMIv1 or SMIv2 compliant MIB files as well as full set of SNMPv1, SNMPv2, and SNMPv3 operations (Get / Get-Next / Get-Bulk / Set / Traps / Notifications).
The NetDecision Smart Agent can be used to simulate SNMP agents for testing and demonstration purposes.
The advanced modeling of SNMP agent behavior and trap generation can be done with ease using Script-based mechanism. The Smart Agent combined with the Trap Simulator and TrapVision provides a complete suite for testing SNMP manager and NMS applications.
- Acts as SNMP proxy agent
- Complete MIB files support (SMIv1/SMIv2)
- Click and Go customization, tuning and deployment
- Complete SNMPv1, SNMPv2, SNMPv3 (USM and VACM) support
- RDBMS storage for MIB values
- External ODBC database support
- Dynamic value generation (linear, sin/cos wave, exponential, random, formula based)
- Configurable Trap Generation (SNMPv1 TRAPs, SNMPv2 TRAPs, INFORMs)
- Recording (Real SNMP Agent capturing)
- User-friendly graphical interface
- Modern MS Office Look and Feel
- Customizable ribbon-based graphical user interface
- Script-based value generation
- Can be started as Windows Service using NetDecision Service Manager
- Script-based customization
- Supports remote administration and monitoring via NetDecision Anywhere Launchpad
- SNMP PDU tracing
- SNMP SET custom handling
- Dynamic SNMP table rows creation/deletion with custom handling
- Fast C++ implementation