NetDecision 5.8 (codename: Spectrum) has been released
NetDecision 5.8 Release Notes
- Native 64-bit OS support has been implemented. Now there are two separate installs one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit OS. The primary advantage of using the 64-bit version is to access amounts of RAM beyond what NetDecision can access when the 32-bit version is run. You can take advantage of more than 4 GB of RAM only when you are on 64-bit systems, using 64-bit NetDecision. If you use files (topologies, mibs, simulations) that require more than 4 GB of RAM, and you have enough RAM, all the processing is done in RAM. Although the 64-bit version of NetDecision run approximately 8-12% faster.
- The Software Update Wizard is now capable of selecting the proper version of installer to download depending on target platform (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Handling of malformed SNMP packets have been significantly improved. Malformed packets are now automatically dumped to PduTrace folder for future analysis.
- The log file handler now supports XML logging mode in addition to plain-text mode
- The Email handler now works properly with Gmail SMTP server.
- The brand new Office 2016 Black theme has been implemented
- The bug related to special XML characters has been fixed in NetDecision Logging Facility
- The Bulk Software Update Wizard is now capable of selecting the proper version of installer for remote host depending on target platform (32-bit or 64-bit)
- The long text label under gauge indicator is now properly wrapped in web interface
- The value handler is now working properly after it has been re-enabled.
- The unit scaling bug has been fixed in web interface.
- The default date/time format is now locale specific
- The Smart Agent now natively supports SQLite as external data source in addition to ODBC database. The SQLite data source is now default. You can configure data source type in Agent Settings.
- The Network Manager now supports additional placeholders that you can use to customize subject and body of emails:
- [TRAP_VARIABLES_EXTENDED] - extended trap variables list
- [TRAP_VARIABLE_1] - [TRAP_VARIABLE_N] - trap variable #N (varbind from range [1-n])
- [TRAP_VARIABLE_EXTENDED_1] - [TRAP_VARIABLE_EXTENDED_N]- extended trap variable
- The syslog handler now works properly
- The Network Manager now supports SQLite data source to store SNMP notifications in addition to ODBC data source. This data source is now default. You can configure data source type in Application Settings.
- The bug where disabled message/event handler affects processing of incoming syslog/eventlog message has been fixed
- The syslog handler now works properly
- The bug where disabled trap handler affects processing of incoming SNMP traps/informs has been fixed
- The ODBC database plugin now implements functions to work with transactions:
- The brand new plugin nd_sqlite.npl has been implemented. So now SQLite database is natively supported. The plugin implements the following functions:
- int SQLiteOpen ( string dbfile )
- int SQLiteOpenInMemory ( )
- int SQLiteClose ( int dbSession )
- array SQLiteSelect ( int dbSession, string sqlStmt )
- int SQLiteExecuteSQL ( int dbSession, string sqlStmt )
- int SQLiteGetStatus ( int dbSession )
- string SQLiteGetErrorString ( int dbSession )
- int SQLiteBackup ( int dbSession, string dbfile )
- int SQLiteRestore ( int dbSession, string dbfile )
- int SQLiteBeginTransaction ( int dbSession )
- int SQLiteCommitTransaction ( int dbSession )
- int SQLiteRollback ( int dbSession )
- Fixed bug accessing char at specified index while iterating through array of strings
- It is now possible to access snmppdu varbinds as array variables using operator 
- The CalculateScaleFactor function has been improved
- The CSVQuery and the TSVQuery functions are now fully UTF-8 compliant
- The GetTimeString and the FormatTime functions now use current locale settings when formatting date and time
- Empty HELO/EHLO bug has been fixed to conform to the latest SMTP specification.
- The new PrettyPrint function has been implemented to make XML look pretty
Found a bug? Please submit a bug to the NetDecision bug database.